Friday, July 31, 2009

We're Here!

Posted by Gene

Last night Tay and I finished packing up and loaded the car. Thinking we wouldn't see our house for the next week and a half we unplugged and secured everything. The plan was to go into the office for half the day and then drive out by noon to be in Vegas by midnight.

Things didn't go as planned. There were too many last minute items at work that needed tending to. Then, J told me that I had to take Tay to The Children's Hospital in Broomfield to check on his cast. In addition, Tay forgot his sunglasses at the house and I forgot my pills. By the end of it all, we didn't start driving until 6pm.

Most of the drive was in the dark and Tayler slept through most of it. We finally arrived in Vegas at 5:35 am. When we got to the hotel Tay said to his momma, "Wow! that was a short trip." I turned and replied, "'Cause you slept through most of it..." He just grinned and started playing. Aaaaah, kids are so innocent, huh?

The most impressive part of the drive for me was seeing how good our 2007 Toyota Avalon did on gas. We got up to 40 miles per gallon...it was amazing. Plus, it kept me awake while driving. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment